This page is a quick start guide to install Sites, AgileSites, the Demo site and a starting site to work with.
(2) Unzip the distribution package, then locate the
WCS_Sites*.zip archive file (it is usually in a subdirectory).
(3) Unzip the content of the
WCS_Sites*.zip file inside the
wcs folder. After unarchiving there should be 3 new folders in your distribution:
(4) Launch the
wcs\setup.cmd batch (on Windows) or
wcs/setup.sh shell script (on Linux/OSX). Answer "MySite" when you asked for you new site. Now the installer will start and work for a while.
(5) When the installer stops asking to restart your application server, open a new terminal folder and launch the
agilesites.cmd (on Windows) or the
agilesites.sh (on Linux/OSX). Then the system will start downloading jars from internet and compiling source. Wait patiently.
(6) Once you get the prompt, type:
Now WebCenter Sites will start. Wait for the message showing the welcome of webcenter sites. You will see a number of messages. Those messages overwrite the prompt so you may not be sure when the startup is complete.
As a test, press enter. If you get the
> prompt then you are ready.
Note installation is not yet complete.
(7) Come back to the installer and press enter. Wait for the installation to complete.
(8) When you see the "Installation Successfull" message, test it accessing with username
fwadmin and password
(9) Import the
Demo site and the empty
MySite. On 11.6:
wcs-dt import #Demo-11.6 !Demo @ALL
wcs-dt import #MySite-11.6 !MySite @ALL
wcs-dt import #Demo-11.8 !Demo @ALL
wcs-dt import #MySite-11.8 !MySite @ALL
(10) Generate a new site and deploy it all:
wcs-generate(accept the default in the popup - MySite)
You should be able to see the Demo and an empty MySite with
You can control now the start of sites from the agilesites shell with:
wcs-serve statusto check execution status
wcs-serve stopto stop a running tomcat
wcs-serve startto start a running tomcat
Note: you can quickly shutdown a running tomcat if you exited the shell with http://localhost:8182